- Summer Reading/PreCourse reading is due NO later than Wednesday January 24, 2018 for FULL CREDIT. Submit your url links to the assignment link on www.schoology.com (When you enter the site click on the Calendar link in the upper right hand corner. Then click on Summer Reading. You can add an attachment or press the "Create" tab to copy and past your url link.) Let me know if you are having difficulties. Remember work submitted after Wednesday will lose 30% credit!
- R&J:60: the 9th Grade Literature department is hosting a live adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet presented by the Atlanta Shakespeare Company. Andrew Houchins has adapted and will direct this performance. This small cast adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet condenses the Bard's famous tale of star-crossed lovers into 60 minutes of romance, poetry, humor, sword play, and tragedy, while keeping the plot intact. This touring show features a cast of six actors playing multiple roles in a fast-paced, high energy performance. We will host three performances on Monday March 19, 2018 in Reece Theatre 1st, 2nd and 4th Block. The cost is $7 due by Friday February 16. 2018
(Cash OR Check made out to Pebblebrook High School).
- Monday Introduction of sentence patterns, a close reading of the exert from the Laurie Halse Anderson novel, Speak.
- Tuesday An exploration of diction and imagery in the short narrative, Marigolds by Eugenia Collier. (in addition, Honors will conduct an indpendent reading study of Alice Walker's Flowers).
- Wednesday TWIST analysis of Coming of Age Poetry ("Nikki-Rosa" and "Fast Break")
- Thursday Coming of Age TWIST song analysis
- Friday Collaborative Coming of Age poster and Individual Coming of Age Narrative writing