This week will continue our exploration into Unit 2: Defining Style. In this unit we will examine the type of stylistic choices authors and writers make in literature and in informational texts. Roald Dahl's Lamb to the Slaughter and President Barack Obama's Address to Our Nation's School children will be the focus of our study. In addition, we will begin our independent reading challenge.
R&J:60 MONEY DUE BY FRIDAY FEB. 16, 2018. Remember the cost is $7 and you can pay via cash or check (made out to Pebblebrook). This is for the March 19, 2018 performance of the adaptation of Romeo and Juliet during 1st, 2nd and 4th block.
9TH GRADE LIT TUTORING TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS. Tutoring is available on Tuesday and Thursday at 3:45 pm -5:00 pm (those with 5th Block may attend starting at 4:15pm). Bus transportation is available for any student zoned for Pebblebrook.
INDEPENDENT READING STARTS MONDAY! Bring a book that you want to read in class. Refine your reading goals and commit to reading EACH day.
- Monday - Narrative POV mini-lesson/Common Assessment Narrative Writing/SAT Vocab
- Tuesday – Lamb to the Slaughter (Vocabulary)/Flowers for Algernon Comparative Reading (honors)
- Wednesday – Media Center Orientation/Independent Reading Challenges and Reading Strategy Day
- Thursday – Law and Order EPL Case Study; Health Survey; Making a Case for Mary
- Friday – Ethos, Pathos, Logos electronic discussion using speech