- ISN Setup and placement of “drawn future”
- Introduction of Sentence Patterns
- Class reading of They’re Made Out of Meat
- dialogue tags to annotate They’re Made Out of Meat
- Reading Inventory Assessment (helps to identify students current reading level)
- Students will read The Blind Girl and create and label a PLOT Diagram Foldable
- Teacher will deliver a mini lecture on plot structure and theme, students will take guided notes in foldable and place in ISN
- Students will read and annotate, On the Sidewalk Bleeding by Evan Hunter.
- Students will identify the plot structure using a graphic organizer.
- Students will read the informational text, “Catacombs and Carnivals” on pg. 126 of SpringBoard text.
- Teacher will introduce verbal, situational, and dramatic irony
- students will create the Montresor Mansion Tourist Attraction.
- Students will dissect the anatomy of a podcast by listening and analyzing the storytelling techniques used in "This American Life"